Friday, October 12, 2012

Scourge of the Demon Wolf Preview

Both the Lulu proof copy and the RPGNow proof copy are on their way. If everything goes well Scourge of the Demon Wolf should be out in two weeks. The product is both an adventure and a supplement. The first half is a 32 page adventure and the second half a 40 page supplement for the Majestic Wilderlands. For the supplement portion I took some of the locale that I lightly describe in the adventure and flesh them out in more detail. They work together similarly to how the rules and campaign guide does in  the Majestic Wilderlands Supplement. Either one can stand alone but I think it makes for a better product to have them both together. The adventure has immediate use, and the supplement give value to the book after the adventure is completed.

To get a taste of what you are going to be able to get in two weeks here is a 18 page preview. It has the first 9 pages so you can get a sense of what the adventure is about. It has one of adventure's encounters, a Bandit cave. And from supplement half, the crossroads hamlet of Denison's Crossing. It also showcases the excellent art of Jason Sholtis and John Larrey. And has a map of the Golden House.

For those of you that were disappointed that I didn't include one of my signature hexcrawls in the Majestic Wilderlands, I fixed that with Scourge. It is only a small Barony but should give you a taste of what my setting looks like on a local level.

This book represents the most common type of adventure I run in my Majestic Wilderlands. There is a dangerous situation, a bunch of people with conflicts and the player characters are right in the middle of it all. I am a little nervous about the presentation as the I have to pick some order to present the various possible encounters the character can run into on the adventure.

Every time I ran this, stuff occurred in different ways at different times. I tried not to leave the impression that the order in which I present the encounters is the way the adventure has to be run.

 The book will be $15 and the PDF $10. 

8 comments:

Rob Barrett said...

Very nice!

Rob_S said...

I love the 'Robs Note' parts. I hope you include plenty of them. I can see them being very useful in running the game. Great idea.

Robert Conley said...

@Rob S, yes the adventure portion has a quite a few. The advantage of having playtested this multiple times.

Gothridge Manor said...

Congrats on getting it released Rob. It looks great.

Henrik said...

I found a typo on page 53 (Bowerbald's statblock) when looked at the preview. The Save value should probably be 9 not 19.

Robert Conley said...

Thanks fixed in the various PDFs

Akiyama said...

What levels is the adventure designed for?

Robert Conley said...

1st to 6th level. It pretty flexible in that regard.