Thursday, July 19, 2012

GURPS Majestic Wilderlands: Dwarves

I am currently preparing for a GURPS Campaign set in the Nomar region of the Majestic Wilderlands. It going to involve six players; two of which are new to GURPS (Dan and Rusty), two are causal players of GURPS (Brian and Josh), and the last two are very experienced in GURPS (Tim of Gothridge Manor and Dwayne of Gamers Closet).

For the causal players and the novices I work on cheat sheets to help them get going with character creation. I ask them what they want to play and I give them options. One of the players may play a dwarf so I decided to update my dwarf packet. The original one can be seen here. It is basically a port of the the Fantasy Folk version of Dwarves over the Majestic Wilderlands.

Well since then I wrote a supplement that finally nails down the details of the dwarves in the Majestic Wilderlands and I decided to back port that into GURPS. The result is this packet. The template is a lot shorter (and cheaper) than the Fantasy Folk version and reflects the stats I came up for Swords & Wizardry.

I wasn't sure what to do with the -1 Charisma but decided on Unattractive with the caveat that it only effects other races. I probably should have lowered the points for it but since the campaign is going to be set outside of Thunderhold and other dwarven homelands it worth the full amount.

You can download the packet from here.

No comments: