Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Calendar and Log for the Majestic Wilderlands

I dug out my notes on the calender system I use for the Majestic Wilderlands. It also include a basic log to note what the party is doing when. You can download it here.

As always comments are appreciated.



The calendar system is one of the few customs that continues unbroken from the earliest days of civilization. The major difference in between the different cultures are the names of the gods as well as who is honored in the 10 great festivals of the year.

One year has 360 days divided into 12 months of three tendays each. Each tenday is divided into three days. The Wilderlands has one moon, which has a cycle of 36 days for ten lunar months.

Rest days are taken every Starday. Along with the day of the new moon, which is considered an unlucky day. With minor festivals thrown in most of the Wilderlands winds up working four days in five.

1 comment:

Zachary Houghton said...

I've also been messing with a lunar calendar for my setting, but am not sure about weekly divisions within months yet. I've looked at 5, 10, and 7 day weeks. Nothing's stuck yet.