I just shipped off the draft for my Scourge of the Demon Wolf, 2nd edition, to my editor, and I am resuming work on my next major project, the full version of the Majestic Fantasy RPG.
For those who don't know, I started publishing on my own by releasing Supplement VI: The Majestic Wilderlands. Not only was it a setting overview of my Majestic Wilderlands, but it was also a supplement adding classes and other rules to Swords & Wizardry, Core Rules circa 2009.
Since then, I've used it in various campaigns, and by the mid-2010s, it had become a complete system in its own right. Still compatible with Swords & Wizardry.
I realized many of you already have a favorite edition or clone, and that more of you opt to run your campaign using a kitbash of your favorite subsystems. While the Majestic Fantasy RPG is a complete RPG in its own right, I also designed it so that it is easy to pull apart so you can use as much or as little of it as you want in your own campaign. To help with this, the text will feature numerous Rob's Notes that explain why certain sections work the way they do.
I created a basic overview for my players, which you can download here.
https://www.batintheattic.com/downloads/MW%20Majestic%20Fantasy%20Basic%20RPG%20Rev%2010.pdf
Later in 2020, I expanded it, had it edited, and released it as the basic rules here.
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/en/product/337515/the-majestic-fantasy-rpg-basic-rules
Now I am working on the full version as a sandbox RPG supporting my Majestic Fantasy Realms, Living World Sandbox Campaigns, and medieval fantasy settings. If you have questions or want to discuss something, the best place is the development log thread I maintain on the RPG Pub. https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/the-majestic-fantasy-rpg-draft.12932/
The system will be presented as four digest books, split so each is a useful reference in its own right.
The Manual of the Three Adventuring ArtsA player's handbook for the Majestic Fantasy RPG
The Domesday Codex
A manual of characters for the Majestic Fantasy RPG.
The Legendarium of the Fantastic
A manual of monsters for the Majestic Fantasy RPG.
The Tome of the Mundane, Strange, and Arcane
A guide for running campaigns using the Majestic Fantasy RPG, along with various subsystems like Merchant Adventures, and material like Magic Items and Treasures.
Optional
Libram of Spells
(print only, the PDF will be included in the files for the Manual of the Three Adventuring Arts)
Rob's Note: Several people suggested offering a print version of just the spells. The spells will also be included in the Manual of the Three Adventuring Arts.
No comments:
Post a Comment