Thursday, October 12, 2023

Your World Awaits! How to Make a Fantasy Sandbox Kickstarter!

 

THE KICKSTARTER IS NOW LIVE

Starting in 2009, I wrote a series of 24 posts on this blog covering the different aspects of creating a hexcrawl-formatted setting.  Over 150,000 views later I have finished the series. Along the way, many of you thanked me for writing the series and told me how it helped your own efforts.

Now that the last post has been completed, I combined and rewrote these posts into a single 150-page book. I also consolidated the small fantasy setting I was using, the Isle of Pyade into its own document that you can drop into your own campaign.

Many of you enjoyed Blackmarsh, Points of Light, and my remastered version of Judges Guild's Wilderlands of High Fantasy. Now with How to Make a Fantasy Sandbox, you can learn the techniques I used to make these settings to make your own world to adventure in.

The project rewards will consist of a digest-sized version of my Blackmarsh setting with a new layout and art. The How to Make a Fantasy Sandbox book and the Isle of Pyade setting book will be available as PDF and Print-on-demand books using at-cost print coupons from DriveThruRPG.

I hope to see you at the launch of my Kickstarter on Friday, October 13, 2023.


Launch Party!

I will be launching the Kickstarter during tomorrow's Random Party Generator show on YouTube at 8pm. We will be discussing world building and I will be glad to answer any questions folks have.

Funded!

Thanks to everyone's generosity the Kickstarter is now funded!

6 comments:

Venger Satanis said...

Congratulations, hoss!

Robert Conley said...

Thanks Venger!

James Mishler said...

Excellent! I am really looking forward to this!

Not to put too much pressure on, but what is the status on Majestic Fantasy Realms?

Rob Banks! said...

As a Shirecon 2023 player in both your games who missed the Majestic Fantasy KS, I'm happy to see this is launching, I'll be backing!

I see you've got 359 followers (so far) on the project page; almost 100 more than Majestic Fantasy backers, looking good. I hope this blows the doors off the last one!

fumbletable said...

Hey Robert. That is amazing news! I recently did a video on Blackmarsh which people seem to be loving https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=121LVTugjiw Let me know if there is anything I can do to help get the word out about this.

donjondo said...

All the best with your Kickstarter! Looks like I may have to dust off ye olde credit card.

Not sure if it's too late to fix but I noticed that in The Everfull Library of Yelnoc Trebor pledge, there's a word missing in the following text:
"You will gain [access] to a free PDF of How to Make a Fantasy Sandbox, and the Isle of Pyade setting when these products are released."