In 1976, Bob Bledsaw and Bill Owens went into business as Judges Guild. Their initial offering was centered on a magnificent 22" by 34" map of the City State of Invincible Overlord. First appearing at Gen Con IX, it was sold literally out of the trunk of a car during the convention.
Now forty years later that map has been redrawn in full color. It preserves all the original detail while adding new ones like rocks, foot paths, trees, and shrubbery. This has been checked against the no-name city blueprint that was the first draft of the map. This helped to clarify details obscured by the offset printing process used in the 1970s.
This map is not a scanned image of the original but has been redrawn from scratch.
This product contains several versions of the map.
- A vector based PDF with layers at 22" by 34"
- A bitmap based PDF at 22" by 34"
- A jpeg of the map with building labels and legends removed suitable for Virtual Tabletop software.
- Instructions for using the VTT map with Roll20
- A 17" by 14" map with the city arranged in its correct location on the original 5 mile hex map published on the back of the Wilderlands of High Fantasy.
- A PDF with overlapping sections of the full map suitable for printing on letter size paper.
- A PDF with a letter sized black and white only map suitable for taking notes on during a campaign.
This is a authorized Judges Guild release for the Wilderlands of High Fantasy.
A coupon for a complimentary copy will be offered to all backers of the City State of the Invincible Overlord kickstarter. Please check the comment section of the Kickstarter for instructions.
Link to Kickstarter
This product only contains color maps of the City State of the Invincible Overlord. The original guidebook and map can be purchased from Judges Guild on RPGNow/DriveThruRPG.
The original guidebook can be found on RPGNow/DriveThruRPG at
City State of the Invincible Overlord Revised
Guide to the City State (1976)